Song of Solomon
Song on Songs
6 topics to cover
About the book
- Where you fell in love (1:1-1:8)
Learning what true love is
- How to date you mate (1:9-3:5)
Honoring you mate while keeping the marriage alive
- Biblical sex (3:6-5:1)
What God says about sex
- How to fight clean (5:2-6:13)
Fighting but not sinning
- How to deepen you marriage (7:1-8-4)
Continuing to honor you mate
- How to grow old together (8:5-8:14)
Practical things to stay fit in marriage
Click here for the full Song of Solomon commentary by Steve Leavitt
- This is a 3000 year old document (written 965 BC)
- Not an allegory. Very few commentaries that take it literally.
- This is one of 5 poetic books between 17 historical and 17 prophetic books.
- The book is written like a dramatic play.