About Hope for Life Ministry and Counseling
Steve Leavitt is the founder of Hope for Life. Hope for Life is a 501 (c)3 Non profit organization that seeks to bring hope to a hurting world. The main office is in New Braunsfels, Texas, but Steve has spoken throughout the country.
- Steve is a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary with a Master of Arts degree in Biblical Counseling.
- He has 20 years experience in counseling youth, families and marriages.
- Steve is also a highly sought after speaker and has spoken to thousands through training seminars at churches asking for real solutions to today’s most pressing issues.
- He has a wonderful wife, Marty and four young children ages 11 to 18.
- Steve understands grief and has compassion for the hurting as he lost his first wife to cancer in 1997.
- He has written on many issues and spoken to thousands of people on the issues of marriage, raising a family, growing strong teens and grief.
Memberships and Associations
- Member of Association of Biblical Counselors
- Therapon Institute-Certified Belief Therapist
- Member of American Society of Christian Therapist
- ASCT (Certified Christian Marriage and Family Therapist)
“Meeting Steve Leavitt saved my life. I struggled with severe depression for over 10 years. Nothing helped me overcome it until I learned life changing principles Steve taught me through counseling, Biblical direction and real-life solutions. I encourage anyone struggling with depression, anxiety, or fear to use the resources Steve provides. They will absolutely, without a doubt, change your life.”
H.Lawrence Vaughn, Dallas, Texas
Steve is a Christian Biblical Counselor in New Braunfels, Texas and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary with a Masters of Arts in Biblical Counseling. Steve spent 13 years at Denton Bible Church working with and under Tommy Nelson. Steve has a book co-authored and published with Tommy Nelson. “Walking on water when you feel like you’re drowning”. Steve was host of “Hope for Life” a live call in counseling radio show and speaks often on the issues of Marriage, Parenting, Grief, Fear, Anxiety and Depression. Steve is also a highly sought after speaker and has spoken to thousands through training seminars at churches asking for real solutions to today’s most pressing issues. Steve and his wife Marty do extensive work in Kenya Africa with orphans, homeless, pastors and the deaf. Steve is an ordained minister and has been ministering and counseling for over 25 years. Steve has an extensive published teaching Cd ministry on the subject of marriage, parenting, the church and Biblical Solutions to depression, anxiety, fear, worry and obsessive compulsive issue. Steve lost his first wife to cancer in 1997 and is now remarried to his wonderful wife, Marty and 4 children ages 12-20