Scripture Fundamentals for a solid marriage
Hope For Life Ministries bases their teachings on biblical scriptures and fundamentals
10 Rules to Have a Rock Solid Marriage
- Put your spouses needs above your own. (Eph. 5) Find out what speaks love to your spouse. Demonstrate love in the way they best receive it.
- Identify their love language. Is it physical touch, words of encouragement, time, communications, sex, gifts, acts of service, or communication.
- Consider their needs (love languages) as more important than your own.
- Husband be the leader—wife desire to be under that leadership. (Eph. 5)
- Husbands should provide an umbrella (leadership) that the wife wants to get under.
- Husbands should make your umbrella feel safe to get under.
- Wives should avoid being a porcupine under that umbrella.
- Husbands must cherish their wives. Wives must show respect and honor to their spouse. (Eph. 5)
- Husbands: Cherish her feeling and thoughts. Think about how your actions and words make her feel.
- Wives: Honor who your mate is and what he does as a leader and provider for the family.
- Become one with your spouse by dancing through life together. (Eph. 5)
- Communicate and grow together in your love as compared to two separate people doing your own dance around other things.
- Don’t let kids, work, friends, hobbies, housework or selfishness come before your spouse.
- Esteem one another. (Eph. 5)
- Treat your spouse like a precious flower or strong tree that needs your nurturing to grow.
- Validate your spouse’s feelings. (1 Pet. 3)
- Don’t give information, explanations or justifications!
- Validate, hear and understand your spouses side of things!
- Lose the battle to win the war. (1 Pet. 3)
- Let it go! It is not worth winning the fight but losing your marriage.
- Have fulfilling sex. (1 Cor. 7)
- Both of you need to find a way to make this happen. It is the super glue that holds you together. This is one thing that distinguishes you apart from anyone else.
- Spend quality time together. (1 Cor. 7)
- Spend time talking deeply, touching, smiling and encouraging each other.
- Keep God at the center of your marriage.
- Make your personal relationship with God a priority. Pray together